September 29, 2011 by Imprint Fitness
Stop your cravings in their tracks with these babies! These are insanely delicious! Super fudgy, chocolatey and so good for you.
These even taste great frozen, like a fudgsicle only much richer. The crazy part, they are fiber rich and are low glycemic!
15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 scoop chocolate or vanilla whey protein powder
3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
3 tbsp whole wheat, oat or spelt flour
3/4 cup splenda, truvia or stevia
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 tbsp margarine, softened
1 tsp flavored (your choice) extract
2 tsp coconut oil/or non stick cooking spray
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray or spread with coconut oil.
3. Place the black beans, cocoa powder, egg substitute, whey powder, splenda and flour in a food processor.
4. Blend until the mixture has no lumps at all.
5. Add the extract, agave and butter.
6. Blend again until everything is fully mixed.
7. Pour the brownie mix into the greased 8×8 pan and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Also, make sure to turn the 8×8 baking pan halfway through.
9. Turn the temperature down to 300 degrees and bake for another 5-8 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Be careful not to overcook the brownies either though!
10. Let the brownies cool completely until they reach room temperature.
11. Place the brownies in the fridge for 3 hours.
12. Cut them into 12 squares and serve.
13. Make sure to refrigerate any of your leftover brownies! Or try them in the freezer for 1-2 hours and let thaw for 10 minutes.
The BEST part, the nutritional breakdown:
1 brownie per serving