June 20, 2011 by Imprint Fitness
This is my *orange chocolate* variation on Jamie Eason’s Chocolate Protein Bars Recipe from Bodybuilding.com.
These turned out super chocolatey and the orange extract and marmalade was the perfect edition.
- 3/4 cup Oat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Egg Whites
- 3 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ½ cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Orange Marmalade
- 1 tsp Orange Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 8oz Apple Blueberry flavored Baby Food
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 4oz Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (oat flour, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, marmalade, extract, berry flavored baby food, water) together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray 8×8 cooking dish with a non stick butter spray and add batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes in oven.
Makes 16 squares, serving size=2 bars.
Fat: 1.4 grams
Carbs: 12 grams
Protein: 12 grams
Make sure to beat or mix ingredients together, otherwise the vanilla protein will clump (as you can see.)